Moving home or relocating your business can be stressful - using a good, reputable removals company can make the whole experience much easier. Below are our top tips :-
- Always check the Removals company is a member of BAR (British Association of Removers). Membership is a good starting point because it shows they meet the minimum recommended standards. Standards cover legal, vehicles, protection for your deposit and arbitration for any unforeseen problems.
- What insurance cover is offered? Ask to see the insurance certificate and read the scope of insurance cover.
- Are they a UK registered company or a sole-trader? How long have they been trading and can they supply good references? Beware 'cash in hand' deals - you may have little comeback with a 'cash in hand' arrangement.
- Small firms or 'man & van' sometimes don't directly employ staff and simply hire in casual labour. If the crew aren't trained then your possessions may not be treated with respect or packed very well.
- How will your move be carried out? For example, how many days, how many people, time of arrival, size of van, number of trips etc.
Self Storage Space can informally recommend local removals companies - please ask at reception.